The III Percent Mission Statement: Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will
within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. ~ Thomas Jefferson
In the absence of orders, go find something Evil and kill it!
Saturday, November 26, 2011
US Senate Voting to Repeal Posse Comitatus...and more
Coming to a suburb near you - the US Senate (this particular bill co-sponsored by John McCain) will declare CONUS a battlefield and give the military police powers, without legal niceties such as warrants, habeas corpus, et cetera.
No worries, citizens.
This is just for those bad terrorists sneaking into the country.
In case you've missed it, the US Senate is officially a criminal and terrorist organization.
Here's the piece.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
If anyone watched the repub. debate the other night, eveyone of them (except one) finds nothing wrong with the patriot act and most would like to expand it.ReplyDelete
You know "to catch em before they do something bad"
Security for freedom, wave goodbye as it slowly drifts away.
I wonder if the sheeple who have cried "it will never happen here" just like the Jews will be saying the same when they are led off.ReplyDelete
I admit this is the first I've heard of this today. However, an immediate jump to Sec 1031 reveals:ReplyDelete
(b) Covered Persons- A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-
(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.
(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined--
(A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and
(B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-
(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.
Give me a chance to add this to my usual 1000 pages per day of skimming and I'll comment further if alarms bells need a few more decibels added. Not that there isn't enough on the books already for the alarm. But, the comment that this legislation was "drafted in secret" is certainly cause for further study.
We are in the fast lane toward serious Tyranny - everything being done is in broad brush strokes, setting precedents that unleash actions by tactical boots on the ground that take years to go through the Courts, only to be validated there.ReplyDelete
We are very seriously behind the curve.
It is most assuredly happening here, on our watch.
The Stasi-fication of the US and the violence of the useful idiots is increasing logarithmically as opposed to incrementally. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen next year.ReplyDelete