FDA's Views on Freedom of Choice
Here are some of FDA's views expressed in its response on 'freedom of food choice' in general and on the right to obtain and consume raw milk in particular:
- "Plaintiffs' assertion of a new 'fundamental right' to produce, obtain, and consume unpasteurized milk lacks any support in law." [p. 4]
- "It is within HHS's authority . . . to institute an intrastate ban [on unpasteurized milk] as well." [p. 6]
- "Plaintiffs' assertion of a new 'fundamental right' under substantive due process to produce, obtain, and consume unpasteurized milk lacks any support in law." [p.17]
- "There is no absolute right to consume or feed children any particular food." [p. 25]
- "There is no 'deeply rooted' historical tradition of unfettered access to foods of all kinds." [p. 26]
- "Plaintiffs' assertion of a 'fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families' is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish." [p. 26]
- FDA's brief goes on to state that "even if such a right did exist, it would not render FDA's regulations unconstitutional because prohibiting the interstate sale and distribution of unpasteurized milk promotes bodily and physical health." [p. 27]
- "There is no fundamental right to freedom of contract." [p. 27]
It all tracks with the above FDA position.
Liberty is being murdered - literally - by armies of bureaucrats.
Those armies are backed-up by armies of LEO, complete with air support.
Those are the facts. Prepare accordingly.
Here's the FDA piece from 2010. It explains the USDA arms purchase.
"Plaintiffs' assertion of a 'fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families' is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish." [p. 26]ReplyDelete
The above shows the double stand that the Communists work under. Amazing how we don't have any choice about our bodies in this example, but if it were abortion we have all the choice.
These bastards have not figured out they can't have it both ways...
Fun times ahead.
"...we don't have any choice about our bodies in this example, but if it were abortion we have all the choice."Delete
Well yeah, one's about life and one's about death. Death philosophies produce _________ .
Though frankly Professor, I'm far less concerned that they'll never figure out they can't have it both ways, than I am that the Good Guys may never figure it out either. I don't count on the Bad Guys ever figuring out anything. Generally, thugs don't care much about that part of the process.
No need to be alarmed. Those SMG's will only be used on the Amish and rural hayseed types who drink cow's milk and eat chicken eggs. Move along. There is nothing to see here. (tongue in cheek of course).ReplyDelete
Oh, I'm not alarmed. I'm armed.Delete
There are so many things going on in our country today that gives me great concern and anguish, but I have to confess that bureaucrats are the cause of much torment of my soul....my rebellious, contrary, American Soul.
...and another thing, I don't need the FDA to "interpret" for me the meaning of the Constitution. AND, each and every one of the FDA bureaucrats can go F themselves. Sorry excuses for human beings, and now, I will mumble under my breath every curse know to man and Marine describing such sorry excuses of POS they are and spare all of you the rest of my rant...ReplyDelete
JK quit calling me Professor or I will have to hunt you down and kill you. ;-)ReplyDelete
Yeah, that's what the other Professors wanna do too. Hey, at least you know what you're doing. That's a minimal qualification for a Professor, so you rate. Sorry. Could be worse; how'd you like to be an Epistemologist?Delete
FDA? Killed innumerable people. I can hardly wait till you have your way with them; I'll do my best that it happens.
the above meant for JK's benefit and well-being, of course.. he he heDelete
JK, when I consider the definition of a Professor, I think of a tenured Communist teaching America's young people to be traitors to their country, so when you call me that, you insult me to the highest degree.Delete
I have tried to be nice about it, but I am serious when I ask you to stop calling me that. Cease and desist.
Of course I'll cease and desist, even on a mere request. That's the way I am. But you got it backwards...those tenured commies DON'T deserve the title; you do.Delete
Things are what they are, not what we imagine them to be. You'll always be a top thinker in my book, but I'll keep it to myself.
As a concerned citizen I just want to know where they will be stored so I can personally inspect the facility and make sure they are secure.ReplyDelete
Wouldn't want them to fall into the........uhhh.........wrong............ummmmm................hands?
Thank you JK.ReplyDelete
This is a perfect example why people get so annoyed with you. You pontificate the crap out of things to the point of obscuring what you're even trying to say and then miscommunication occurs.